Friday, August 17, 2007

Everybody's Working for the Weekend!

I'm sitting here nursing a sweet hangover from too many Pacificos last night at La Cita and realizing it's gonna be hard to keep content up on this thing. Oh yeah,Tim Biskup and his friend who I think was one of the Ren & Stimpy creators were doing their Ego Killer portraits last night. Tim is a pretty accomplished dude and I think his portraits really speak for themselves.

He nailed it, stink lines and all!




Anyway, I decided I need to do some regular features to keep me motivated to put content up so I'm ripping off my friend Mike B's B-side Wednesdays with my Short & Curly Cover Song Fridays. For awhile I was obsessed with reggae 7" cover songs so I'll be sprinkling alot of those in for the next few weeks. Most of my records are in boxes waiting to be unpacked from my move so once I unpack them I'll include shots of the records, not that anyone cares. I think it mostly makes me feel like a big man and I need that cause I have a fragile ego but that's pretty much true for anyone with a blog. Zing!

Without further ado here's my first pick for Short & Curly Cover Song Fridays

Made famous by William DeVaughn this track is a classic, yo son let's flip to the reggae 45!

Be Grateful - DONOVAN CARLESS

No comments: