Friday, August 31, 2007

LISTEN TO EDDIE GRANT!

It's that time of the week again, Short & Curly Cover Song Fridays. Today is a special one because I have low self esteem about the number of people visiting my site so I'm going to up the ante and include the original as well as two different covers. Statistics tell me that kids want free music and who am I to deny what the kids want? If only my favorite cover band at the Jersey Shore would rock one of these tunes. Well they probably wouldn't be in a cover band at the Jersey Shore if they knew about these jams. Their minds would have been blown long ago and learning that new song by Train wouldn't have seemed so important. I really don't even know what that means. So today's selection was written by none other than Eddie Grant, a personal favorite of mine. Totally underrated outside of the nerd world. I guess Electric Avenue has made people bitter to the sweet sounds that Eddie is capable of. The first selection is the original by Eddie's band The Equals. After that is a farely recent cover by Harvey Bassett and Thomas Bullock's outfit Map of Africa and the third cut is by reggae sensation Derrick Harriot.


Black Skin Blue Eyed Boys -THE EQUALS


Black Skin Blue Eyed Boys - MAP OF AFRICA


Black Skin Blue Eyed Boys - DERRICK HARRIOT

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

DJ HOFF said...

Yeah Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

the pubes said...

HOFF! Welcome friend.